According to Dr. Angela Love Washington, Myopia also known as nearsightedness is the inability to see at far distances. “Myopia Control” or Myopia Management is the term used to describe specific treatment plans to slow the progression of nearsightedness in children.
There are four primary categories of Myopia Control treatments:
- Myopia control glasses
- Multifocal contact lenses
- Orthokeratology (Ortho-k)
- Low dose atropine eye drops
In our Myopia Control, Dr. Angela Love Washington will help you select the best option for your child.
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose MEC for Myopia Control:
1. More Options
- At Millennium Eye Center(MEC), we offer several different options to manage myopia. While most clinics only offer one form of management, we provide 4 different therapeutic choices to control your level of myopia. Each unique option is dependent upon patient-specific needs, goals, prescription, age, and individual risk factors. The main goal of these therapeutic options is to SLOW the progression of Myopia, so that vision is preserved and sight-threatening conditions are prevented! Also, more than just managing myopia, we look beyond your child’s vision to improve their quality of life.
2. Visual Hygiene Uniqueness
- A frequently asked question by parents is what can be done to prevent their child’s vision from worsening and just how much screen time is too much? We know that poor visual hygiene and bad visual behavior are likely to cause worsening eyesight. On the contrary; good visual hygiene lowers the risk of worsening eyesight. Conditions for near activities must be set properly to reduce visual stress and obtain improved performance. When enrolled in our Myopia Management program, we teach our patients’ good visual habits aka visual hygiene to minimize eye stress and improve overall visual comfort.
3. Community of Support
- We offer an online community of support for our patients that are enrolled in our Myopia Management program. This online community is located via social media on Facebook and is a private group created only for our patients to allow you to interact and share your unique eye experiences with one another.
4. Unlimited Access to Doctor
- Once you become a member of our Myopia Management program, you will receive Dr. Love’s personal contact information to ask any questions regarding therapy, as needed. Inquiries are checked and replied to in a quick and timely manner. You can be sure that each response is directly from the doctor, herself.
5. Free book from TED talk renowned Myopia Management expert
- Written by the famous, Dr. Nicholas Despotidis, this surprisingly easy to read and understand the book is designed for the parents of our program. It offers cutting-edge knowledge and recommendations on how to raise children with healthy vision. Many parents find this book relatable to the stories and suggestions and gain a much broader and deeper perspective of what it entails to nurture happy children with healthy vision.
To learn more about our Myopia treatments, schedule a consultation with our Myopia Control Expert, Dr. Angela Love Washington. Call us today at 407-292-9812.