To ensure that you are getting the optimal use out of your contact lenses and that your eyes remain healthy, follow the following 5 Steps to clean your contact lenses properly:
1. Wash your hands. The last thing you want to do is transfer germs from your hands to your eyes!
2. Rub the lens. Using a few drops of the recommended solution, rub the lens in the palm of your hand. This will clean off any debris or protein buildup.
3. Rinse. To get off any loosened debris, rinse the contacts with solution taking as long as the package directs.
4. Use fresh solution to store. Never use your old solution from the day before. This solution will not properly disinfect your contact lenses and can cause infections.
5. Repeat. Simply repeat these steps for your other lens!
Remember to never use tap water on lenses or even put them in your mouth to “rinse” them. Microorganisms can live in even the cleanest water and can cause damage to your sight.
For any medical advise for your eye care needs, schedule an appointment with one of our eye doctors today!
Millennium Eye Center
6601 Old Winter Garden Rd. Suite 104
Orlando, FL 32835