Choosing the Best Eye Care Provider such as an Optometrist is an important health care decision. After all, you’ll be trusting your eye doctor to care for your precious sense of sight and help you maintain a clear 20/20 vision for life.
If you’ve never been to an eye clinic, choosing one can be tricky. For starter, there are several kinds of eye care experts who specialize in different things. Here are 5 tips for choosing the best eye doctor for you and your family:
- Ask family, friends, and co-workers. Think of everyone you know who wears glasses or contacts– they all have eye doctors. Ask them for a recommendation.
- Talk to your current doctors. They’ll have the names of eye specialists in your area. They often have a good sense of who would be a good fit for you and your family.
- Ask Google! Go on Google.com and search for the best ‘eye doctor near me’ or ‘optometrist near me.’
- Online Reviews! Online review is becoming the “new word of mouth” strategy to build digital reputation. This is a great way to find your ideal eye care provider by reading what their current patients are saying about their services and experiences.
- Check with professional organizations. The American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Optometric Association have tools on their websites to help you find an eye doctor in your area.
Once you select an eye doctor, the next step is to schedule your annual eye exam.
Remember, good communication is key for all types of relationship-including the relationship with your health care providers. We recommend that you find a doctor who listens to you, cares for you with respect and communicates your treatment plan in simple language as much as possible. The more you understand your health care needs, the more you can implement your treatment plan to stay healthy.
For more tips on eye health, schedule an appointment with one of our doctors by calling 407-292-9812.