We all have the power to improve our lives. To improve your life, you must first become C.H.I.E.F executive officer of your life. It’s a process I call “the CEO of ME, Inc.” In this blog, I offer 5 tips you can use to become the C.H.I.E.F of your life.
1. Create proper boundaries with yourself and others: Personal boundaries are healthy guidelines, rules or limits that you creates to interact with others. They are reasonable, safe and permissible ways for other people to behave around you and how you will respond when someone steps outside your limits. In order to get along well with yourself and others, it’s important to know when to say yes and when to say no. Personal boundaries create freedom and allow you to love freely. Where there are no boundaries, codependency is inevitable. Where there is codependency, there will be resentment and bitterness. That kind of energy inhibits your joy, creativity and success. The moral of the story is: say YES when you want to and NO when you don’t want to. If you are unsure on what to think and what to act, be sure to wait. Avoid acting outside your boundary lines or out of love.
Food for thought: Who or what do you need to say no to?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Honesty is the best policy-be honest with yourself and others: If you are not honest with yourself, you will not be honest with anyone else. Honesty must begin within. Be honest with yourself about how you truly feel about your career, your relationships, your health, your dream and other areas in your life. Acknowledge your true strengths and accept your weaknesses. It will take courage to be honest with yourself, however the rewards are worth the effort. Honesty is vital for success in every area of live.
Food for thought: What areas of your life are you not being honest with yourself?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Ignite your passion: Life without passion is like food without salt. It’s bland. Unless you suffer from High Blood Pressure, who wants to eat bland food? Similarly a life lived without passion has no flavor, no excitement and no fulfillment. To become the CEO of ME Inc, you must discover and wholeheartedly pursue your passion.
Food for thought: What is holding you back from pursuing your passion and how can you change that?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Enjoy every moment: Every moment in life is an irreplaceable gift from God. For example, you cannot get a first kiss twice, you cannot turn 16 more than once and you cannot turn back the hands of time. Each moment is unique because you never get back the time. We must learn to cherish every moment and create memorials to commemorate those fleeting moments. After all moments are the fragments of life.
Food for thought: What areas in your life do you need to create a memorial for?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
5. Foster kindness toward yourself and others: It is often easier to be more kind to others then it is to ourselves. We as human beings tend to have a self sacrificial nature. Therefore we often sacrifice ourselves for the benefit of our loved ones. Although self sacrifice is an honorable value, it can be depleting if not balanced. Remember the golden rule… do unto thyself first.
Food for thought: What areas are you not being kind to yourself? How can you change that?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
For more information about how to become the CEO of your life, call 407-292-9812 or HERE.